For generating traffic, images play a very good role. By using images and text in a balance you can make your content attractive so as to grab the attention of a lot of visitors. Look at some stats:
- Images.google.com is responsible for a considerable amount of Google traffic, which is about 10.1 %. For mail.google.com it is 24.7 % and for google.com it is 55 %. On the basis of this data, we can say that images receive traffic in a good amount.
- There are more than 1 billion Google images’ page views in a single day.
- More than 10 billion images are indexed in the Google images.
Now I will describe how to promote your website using Google images.
1. Name of the image file – In the image results of the search engine if we compare a file named as “CBD_00588.jpg” with a file name “exercise tips.jpg” then we find that the chances of the latter one to be displayed are more. So, if you want to upload the image file to your site then before doing this, it is necessary to optimize its name for the keyword. Only then it can be promoted with the help of Google images.
2. Use of the image keyword – Your site may be using certain image keywords. It is necessary for you to optimize the keyword usage of your images files so that their chances of being shown on the results of Google image increase. You can do this in 2 ways:
- In each image, add an alt tag that is keyword optimized
- Usually, the text’s content surrounds the image’s content. It is important that in the text’s content you describe the image’s content.
All the extra details of your image’s subject can be given to the indexing robots of the search engine with the help of these 2 elements.
3. Format of the image – In the image results there is no need to give priority to a particular image format as per the statement of Google. There are several image file formats like .svg, .webp, .png, .jpg, .gif and .bmp. Search engine is capable of indexing all these. Therefore, in the image listings, you can promote your site by using the file types among these.
4. Size of the image – On the basis of the size of the image, no discrimination of the image file is possible and it has been given in the policy of Google. The image results can consider and appropriately index any size of image file. There are some image files of bigger size. Before you upload these files to your website, compressing these will be a good idea. It will be right from an SEO’s point of view and by doing this the image will not lose its quality. This will help in increasing the loading speed of the page.
5. Quality of the image – If you will use pictures of good quality in your site then the visitors will like it. However, for producing the pictures of high quality a professional photographer is not necessarily needed. You can make the visitors to pay more attention to the images by using the following criteria:
- Resolution of the image – By providing an image resolution of good quality you can make the visitors pay more attention towards it.
- Usage of tools for editing the basic image – For producing great pictures a Photoshop wizard is not necessarily needed. You can transform a normal image into an attractive one by using Picmonkey which is a simple tool for editing pictures.
6. Sitemaps of image – If before putting the image to your account on Webmaster Tools, you create a sitemap of the image then you can give additional image information to Google.
If you take interest in creating a brand image and identifying a target market then it will be good for you to contact a digital marketing expert.