A podiatry chair is a kind of medical chair which is used by patients who have different medical requirements. As far as the height, weight, body shape and the relaxation quotient of a patient is concerned, these chairs provide the ultimate support. Podiatry chairs have been used for many years now owing to the benefits that these provide.
There are certain things that must be considered while buying podiatry chairs:
- Price is a serious consideration when it comes to any purchase. Podiatry chairs can have a huge variety of price range, starting from some hundreds to some thousand pounds. Since this is a crucial purchase, the models must be checked and re-checked before finalizing.
- There are different models available in the market, and you can buy these chairs only when you get the perfect combination of several features. Before you finally buy a podiatry chair, you should not skip a single chance to have a look and feel of it wherever possible from. Again, once you are back to your clinic, you should give a detailed look to the place where you would like to place it and visualize as to how the chairs that you have been looking so far could possible fit in that particular space. You could take the photos of the models when you visit the store and refer to those while back in your clinic.
Look for long-lasting chairs which have a comfortable backseat:
- You must look for podiatry chairs that would last long. It is a major investment and a crucial one that would be used for long and should it not ideally require any replacement after it has been bought.
- While you select a model, you must keep in mind that there can be three categories of seating options for your patients, namely patient chairs, patient couches and hybrid couch chairs. Patient chairs are upright in design and they have a contemporary look with an aesthetic appeal. Patient couches are the cost-effective ones which are highly functional, tough and strong. Again the hybrid couch chairs are best of the two varieties discussed above.
- You must also keep a note of the length of the base as well as the size of the seat and backseat. These determine the floor space that either could take up.
- You are the best one to know if you might need to lay your patients in situation of emergency. This though is very important when one considers buying podiatry chairs. An average couch when laid flat normally has the length of 2 meters by 70cm.
The suitability and the treatment requirements:
- You must be well aware of treatment requirements when you consider buying a podiatry chair. You have to know what features you actually need in order to cater to your patients. You have to decide whether it is the single leg rest or the common split leg rest that you are looking for. Again the ways of operating the chair is also important. You could either opt for hand-controlled chairs which apparently easier to handle or a foot-controlled one which is safer when it comes to staying away from infections.
- All the podiatry chairs are designed in such a way that those can go flat in times of emergency. It is only you who knows if you handle bariatric patients.
- There is another crucial thing to remember when buying this kind of a chair. You may be in a situation where you are sharing your room with a fellow physician or a physiotherapist where one of you works in the morning and the other one in the afternoon. In such a scenario, both of you would have different set of requirements. Your purchase should not harm the requirements and preferences of the other one.
Hope you catch all above mentioned basic ideas about podiatry chairs. If you want to see more details then find out here.